It’s that time again. Time for the annual Stocking Stuffers for Quilters!
I still recommend everything from last year’s list HERE, but this year I’m adding a few new favorites I’ve found a long the way. Many of this year’s notions are recommendations from YOU and were found in the comments of the popular Open Line Friday posts.
Ten Stocking Stuffers for Quilters 2013:
1. The Pilot Frixion pen for marking: it comes off with a blast of steam.
2. Clover chalk wheels. Great for straight line marking and with the stencils below:
3. My two favorite stencils from the Stencil Company: The 10 x 10 grid and the 10 x 20 grid
4. Bernina Tweezers-after my surgery to remove a sewing machine needle from my index finger (read here), I now use these tweezers to reach under the needle to grab the threads. Good tweezers really come in handy and they double as a stiletto.
5. Glasses-Also part of my safety reform,(read HERE) but I admit I NEED them more and more. I love Eyebobs–Great colors and very stylish. I like the slightly heavier weight and the feel of these glasses.
6. A good book–anything by Marie Bostwick–the NY Times best-selling author of fiction and quilt fiction novels. You can find here on Facebook HERE.
7. Best Press-We had a lively discussion about sizing, starch and home-made pressing aids on Open Line Friday HERE. I’ve added Best Press here, because I really like this product and would love to get it as a gift- it is a splurge item.
8. Grip Strips–I hate when my ruler slips while rotary cutting and a friend from my quilt retreat shared these with me–they work great!
9. The #43 free motion cording foot from Bernina. This was recommended by a reader, (thanks, Diane!) and I have only had an hour to play with it–but I love it already. I am looking forward to using it more in 2014! ( I love to have a new project for the New Year, don’t you?)
10. Clover Scissors-I love these serrated scissors from Clover. They grip while you cut, so they are great for cutting around appliqué. I find I reach for them more and more.
11. Thread–I would love to get thread in my stocking… I love Aurifil and Sulky threads. For 2014, I plan to experiment with more specialty threads-especially silk. I have not used silk a lot, but my friend, Rhonda recommends it highly. I used it recently and loved it! Another splurge item–makes a great gift. For threads, try Red Rock Threads and Superior Threads.
12. ??? Open Line Friday….YOU choose. Tomorrow…I want to hear what you’d like in YOUR stocking…
NOTE-These are my favorites from 2013 and I have not received anything from any of these companies for my endorsement. (Good news… several of these companies have agreed to offer Giveaways -to YOU, dear reader!)
Also, remember to support your local quilt shop, like Bear Patch Quilting, whenever possible!
See you tomorrow for Open Line Friday–Your recommendations for Stocking Stuffers and a Giveaway!
PS…Next week WE will be working on ornaments like the green one above, and Because You Asked…we will be working on the little partridge, too!