Good Morning, Quilters and Fitness Buffs!
Let’s all start thinking of ourselves in new ways–as athletes or at least “Fitness Buffs“!
It’s time to #LoseThoseFatQuarters!!! (Thank you, Ness for one of our hashtags in #theinboxjaunts exercise challenge)
For the next four weeks we are going to work on adjusting our quilt/exercise balance.
There will be challenges and PRIZES!
Every Monday- a new challenge
Every Friday-check in and compare notes on Open Line Friday
Mondays-“I met the challenge drawing” for the previous week’s challenge.
RUN FOR THE ROSES
This week, in honor of the upcoming Kentucky Derby (Read about the fascinating history and traditions of The Kentucky Derby HERE)–-We will be Running (or walking or biking or…) for the Roses!
The winner of the this week’s challenge will receive The Roses Mini-Quilt shown here–a 12 inch square Vase Quilt.
It’s small, but really pretty!!
Our fitness emphasis this week is twofold:
Part One-–Be more aware of how much time you spend sitting—
- Think about the time you spend quilting, reading, at the computer, at work, watching TV and driving.
- Look at the clock when you sit down.
- How long are you in the car?
- Do you quilt for more than 90 minutes at a time? How many days a week?
- How many TV shows do you watch in the evening?
- How many minutes did you spend reading?
- How many minutes reading blogs (other than The Inbox Jaunt–LOL!)
Consider keeping a journal of sedentary time this week.
Part Two-Move More
- How much time do you spend moving?
- Include active exercise as well as housecleaning, cooking, gardening…
- Challenge yourself to move just a little more…
- Add a morning or evening walk…Take a yoga class…Ride your bike…
- If you are housebound, can you take laps around the kitchen table?
HOW TO WIN THE CHALLENGE
First, this is a Challenge not a Competition.
We are all going to encourage each other-we are not competing against one another!
The winner will be drawn by lottery…
To enter your name in the drawing:
- Set a goal for yourself to be more aware and to move more (write it down today)
- Complete your goal.
- Tell us about it on Monday, May 9 by 10pm CST
For example, my goals for this week are:
- I will walk 4 miles per day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday and one weekend day, I will walk 2 miles.
- I will keep a journal of how many minutes I spend sitting on Tuesday and Wednesday.
It is important to make goals that YOU can keep.
Keep the goals small and reasonable.
Your goal can be to walk around the kitchen table five times per day or to lift soup cans…YOUR goal is YOUR goal…
But…it cannot be…to get your bike fixed…that’s a good thing to do…but the challenge is to MOVE MORE!
Also, YOU must start today!! NO EXCUSES!!
Make a goal you can start TODAY!
It is far better to make small goals that YOU WILL KEEP, than big goals that you might not keep!
Next Monday, anyone who has written goals and achieved their goals will be able to give us a “high five” and be entered in the lottery.
THIS WEEK-We still have a busy quilting week--that’s our reward–Nautical Sampler, Doodles, and much more!
Got to Run–
It’s a 4 mile day for me!
PS…All tutorials, images and information are the property of Lori Kennedy at The Inbox Jaunt and are intended for personal use only. Feel free to re-blog, pin or share with attribution to The Inbox Jaunt. For all other purposes, please contact me at email@example.com. Thanks!