and Jill at the Magical Effect of Thinking –for nominating The Inbox Jaunt for the Very Inspiring/Lovely Blogger Award! Jill has a very creative spin on fashion and sewing. One of my favorite posts from the Magical Effects of Thinking was on Edith Head, but there are many others that will inspire and entertain you on this site…
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Now for seven things about myself…Hmmm….
1. I have four sisters and two brothers and I grew up in a suburb of Chicago.
2. I have five daughters and one son — who keep me young!?
3. I was a physical therapist (Rheumatology and Home Health Care), but have been out of the work force for the past six years.
4. I love football…My favorite teams are any team my son is on, the Chicago Bears (boohoo, Lovie!) and Notre Dame (Go Fighting Irish!)
5. I sew almost every day. If I don’t, I feel a little “off”…
6. I took up photography in May 2010, and started learning Photoshop in May of 2012.
7. I take photos almost every day…
I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Very Inspiring Blogger/Lovely Blogger Award:
1. Rows of Six
2. Hooley With a Z
3. Home Lovers
4. Sally Wood Photography
5. The Crafty Pioneer
6. Amaryllis Log
7. Crazy Wonderful Life
8. Life on a Dirt Road
Congratulations from the Inbox Jaunt and from the Academy…
Happy New Year to all my friends and family in the blogosphere! I love New Year’s Day. We always take down the Christmas trimmings so we can start the new year with a clean house.
I also love lists, so the new year gives me a chance to write a new list…Usually my list is more like a “To-Do” list (and is longer than a grocery list), but I have included a few highlights here. The obligatory health resolutions: 10,000 steps and fruits and veggies….
Then a few for the brain: read more fiction and conquer gold level Sodukos….
and then my favorites: finish six quilts, and work on my Baltimore Album Quilt (see new banner)…
Learn something new: pasta (perhaps I should increase resolution #1 to 20,000 steps?)
And as I’m writing this, I just thought of another major goal: Learn to photograph quilts. I have SO MANY quilts I would like to show you, but photographing quilts has been quite difficult for me…the lighting, the color, displaying large items…. I guess I should start where I always start…by Googling it!
On another note…I would like to sincerely thank all of those who have joined me in this blogging journey over the past six months. We have had more than 10,000 views from 66 countries with nearly 200 followers… .. I truly appreciate your support and kindness…and hope to bring you lots more quilting, photography, family and jaunts in 2013!