The Commander

The Commander Elevator building is one of the most familiar outlines in the Stillwater, MN skyline.

It was built in 1898 by the Woodward Elevator Company and operated by the Minnesota Flour Mill.  Over the years, it has had several different owners which operated the elevator and flour mill until 1986.   While the mill closed, the retail space remained open for the next 15 years and housed a climbing wall.  The space is sadly vacant at this time.

6 thoughts on “The Commander

  1. Pingback: Jailhouse Jaunt-Stillwater | The Inbox Jaunt

  2. Pingback: A Stillwater Jaunt | The Inbox Jaunt

Comments are closed.